Last revised on May 2018
We adhere to the following principle to protect your privacy
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal identifiable information to any third party – other than Ex Machina’s Partners – for marketing or promotional purposes without your prior consent.
Collection of personal information
Ex Machina collects your personal information in the following ways:
- Submission of your resume – once you submit your resume you provide us with your personal information
- Contact us – you fill out a form with your personal details to request assistance or ask for information to Ex Machina’s team
- VoxMachina supscription – in order to receive our newsletter, you provide us with personal information about yourself such as your name and email address
- Advertising and Web Beacons – to provide a more relevant and useful experience for our users, we may serve our own ads and also allow third party advertisements on the site. These advertisements are targeted and served to users, by both Ex Machina and other companies, called ad networks. Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. Ex Machina does not provide personally identifiable information to any third party ad network.
- Log files, IP addresses, information about your computer and mobile device – due to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit the Ex Machina website we automatically receive the URL of the site you came from and the site you navigate to when you leave our website. Ex Machina also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, mobile device operating system (if you are accessing Ex Machina using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We use this information to analyse overall trends and to help us improve our service. The link between your IP address and your personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without your permission, except in such cases as required by law
- Surveys and polls – Ex Machina may conduct polls and surveys from time to time
- Ex Machina’s Partners – we may collaborate with third parties to offer combined services. These third parties are partners (“Ex Machina’s Partners”) with whom we have negotiated an agreement to provide services. Permission to access certain account information may be automatically granted to provide the combined services.
We use your personal information:
- Without further consent, for administrative communications, for customer service purposes, to address defamation issues, or to contact you regarding any content that you have submitted to us
- To understand the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way our website works and looks, and to create new features and functionality
- To administer your account with us
- If you subscribe to VoxMachina we may use your e-mail address to send you a confirmation notice and the electronic newsletter. We may also use the information to communicate with you about new features, products or services, and/or to improve the services that we offer by tailoring them to your needs
- If required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with laws (such as Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity.
Ex Machina’s security
Personal information you provide will be secured with industry standards and technology. However since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Ex Machina. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means. You are responsible for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
Contact Ex Machina
If you have any question or comment please get in touch with us by either the Contact us form or mailing us at:
Ex Machina Sagl
Viale dei Faggi, 9 – 6900 Lugano